posted this on March 28, 2012 02:19 PM
Configure GradeCam Insight to match the settings for your gradebook program and transfer the scores from GradeCam Insight to your gradebook.
1. Log into your GradeCam account and choose Settings from the account drop-down menu.
2. Choose GradeBook from the Settings menu.
3. Set the name ordering to match your electronic gradebook.
Note: This will change the order that your students appear in GradeCam Insight, but it is necessary since it's how you match the scores from GradeCam Insight to your electronic gradebook.
4. (Optional) Choose whether or not you want to change the designated HotKey from the default setting of F8 by choosing another option from the HotKey drop-down menu.
Note: You might need to experiment to see which HotKeys are not in use.
Mac Users: On some Mac keyboards you need to press the "fn" key while pressing the HotKey.
5. (Optional) If your gradebook requires you to press "Tab" instead of "Enter" when switching students while inputting new scores, then you would need to change the "Return Key" setting.
6. Click on the "Done" button.
7. Create and scan an assignment so all grades are displayed on the Scan screen.
Note: The Scan screen must be open in order to transfer scores.
8. Open your electronic gradebook and create a new assignment as if you are going to manually input new scores.
9. Click in the top cell of the newly created assignment as if you are going to type in a score.
10. Press your GradeCam HotKey (default is F8). As soon as you press your GradeCam HotKey the scores will be entered into your gradebook.
Outstanding feature. Works great with Skyward.
I went into setup and there was a message on the left side saying that the gradebook tab had moved into the top right corner. However, there is no tab there. Please help.
You can find GradeBook settings under the Settings link in the top right.
I left a comment on another section, but I am really trying to get an answer for this. My computer at school will transfer grades from GradeCam to PowerTeacher without any problem whatsoever. When I am at home, I do the exact same steps, but nothing happens at all when I hit the F8 key. I have tried changing the hotkey and tried with Chrome and IE9. I don't have active X enabled. Help me, please!!!!
On some computers the F keys won't work unless you press an FN key in the bottom left of the keyboard. You might also check your computer settings. It sounds like the function keys are disabled on your computer. Please let us know i this resolves it for you.
All of my F keys work with everything else, so they are not disabled. You mentioned to press a FN key in the bottom left. I think that is on Mac computers. I am running Windows 7. I am really frustrated, just because I want to show the feature off to my wife. I would like to be able to transfer grades quickly at home from Gradecam, so I would like to fix this issue.
Anyone have an answer to this problem. I can get the F8 key to work on my work computer, but it won't work on my home computer. All of my function keys work on my home computer for all other things. Not that I use it much at home, but it just bugs me that it doesn't work...
Hi Jason, you could try changing your hot key to something else. It sounds like the F keys aren't working as function keys, ie. if your on a laptop and the F keys are also your screen brightness and play etc, then they aren't set as Function keys.
If on a Mac, go to the keyboard setup and select "Use Alll keys as standard function keys."
If none of this works, try emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and Julie will figure out whats going on.
Hope this helps,
Support Ticket System by Zendesk