IN THIS ARTICLEGradient Leaders can be assigned membership to access groups to delegate management of Gradient from Admin Mode. Admin Mode is not accessible by any staff unless they are given membership to enhanced permissions via access groups.
Settings within the Account Menu from Admin Mode are only visible to staff with the appropriate permission via an access group (typically this is your System Admin).
Admin Mode Tabs for Instructional Leaders
- Instructional Leaders will only see their associated School(s) when they first enter Admin Mode. After they select a school from the list, the school will become a filter (as shown above) to view the default tabs from Admin Mode.
- Instructional Leaders will be able to view Classes and Students for their associated schools, but will NOT have the option to edit them.
- Instructional Leaders will be able to filter the Staff tab, send invites, reset passwords, or start a HelpDesk session as needed.
- Instructional Leaders will be able to analyze Reports of staff usage from Admin Mode or they can go to School Reporting Mode to evaluate student performance on assignments.
Admin Mode Tabs for System Admin
A System Admin will see everything an Instructional Leader can see and also view and edit all other tabs and settings with Gradient.
Schools - System Admins will have access to Admin Mode with visibility into all school(s) under their subscription. This may be only one school, but these staff members must be associated with "all schools" in order to be able to manage global subscription settings.
- Schools are created by GradeCam based on the original quote or renewal request.
- System Admins are not able to add new schools to the subscription but can request a quote to add additional schools by following the renewal process described here.
- School_IDs (which must be set up prior to a combined import) can be viewed or edited from the Schools tab.
Classes & Students - Classes and Students can be created from a roster sync source (Clever, ClassLink), from a file import, or manually from Admin Mode. Classes and students have unique IDs and are displayed in Gradient-based on the academic year, term, school, and teacher(s) they are connected to.
- System Admin and School Support staff have the ability to create and edit classes and students. Any classes created from a sync must be managed at the source.
- To verify rosters after an import, select a class name to view the students you've rostered to the class for the current term.
Staff - Staff can be created from a roster sync source (Clever, ClassLink), from a file import, or manually from Admin Mode. Staff are connected to a unique ID and school(s). Staff members, such as directors, principals, coordinators, coaches, or support staff, must be associated with the school(s) they access.
- System Admin and School Support staff have the ability to create and edit staff. Any staff created from a sync must be managed at the source.
- System Admin, School Support staff, and Instructional Leaders all have the ability to HelpDesk, Send Invites, and Reset Passwords for staff.
- To verify rosters after an import, select a staff member's name to view if their class schedules look correct for the current term.
- If you're missing a staff member, change the filter to All Active Staff or Inactive to verify if they are truly missing.
Access Groups - Groups are used to grant staff access to classes or students beyond rostering. Groups are often created to give assignment/data access to substitutes who have not already been added as co-teachers or to a staff member serving in the role of a test proctor who needs access to print or scan forms for students who are not rostered to them.
- System Admin, School Support staff, and Instructional Leaders all have the ability to create and edit groups.
- Instructional Leaders can not delete Class or Teacher groups.
Terms - Terms can be created or managed from Admin Mode. Terms are connected to academic years, classes, and students. Terms (and their start and end dates) determine whether classes, students, and assignment data appear as “Current” within Gradient. Previous terms (including classes, students, and data) can be accessed by adjusting filters. Be sure to double-check term dates (and the academic year dates) to allow staff time to score and grade at the end of a term.
- System Admin and School Support staff have the ability to create and edit terms for their associated school(s).