Rubric with Capture Area items have a customized area for the student to write his/her answer using either lines or a grid. The items are rubric-scored by the teacher in GradeCam Go! and look like this on a form.
Note: This option is not available on free or paid single-teacher accounts. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to upgrade to a school or district license.
See related article on how to score rubric items.
1. Select the "Assignments" tab.
2. Select the assignment name you want to change the format of the answer bubbles.
3. Check the box before each question you want to change the format of the answer bubbles.
4. Select "Rubric with capture area" from the Type field.
5. Select the number of rows (up to 10) you want to appear in the handwriting area.
6. Determine the spacing of the rows in the writing area.
7. Select if you want lines or a grid to appear in the writing area.
Note: You must have 2 or more text rows selected for this option to appear.
8. Select the numbers you want to appear in the bubbles by typing directly into the Grading Options field (Max 10 for a 0-9 rubric).
9. Weight each rubric value by editing the Multiplier.
10. The Preview displays the options you selected.
11. Align the question to standards if desired.
See related article on Adding Standards to an Assignment in GradeCam Go!