IN THIS ARTICLE
GradeCam has an integration with ClassLink for rostering and Single-Sign-On (SSO) within Gradient.
- Typically ClassLink receives roster information from your Student Information System (SIS) and then ClassLink can be set up to send that roster information nightly to Gradient.
- ClassLink syncs with Gradient run on a nightly basis at approximately 11:45 PM CT.
- Gradient’s roster requirements are much simpler than most EdTech applications used by schools making your ClassLink setup easy!
ClassLink Setup Steps
- Create your ClassLink Roster Server Tenant account and enable the GradeCam Gradient app and permissions. If you're new to ClassLink, refer to our Adding GradeCam Gradient App to ClassLink to get rosters for staff, students, and classes to sync nightly with Gradient for your school(s).
- Connect with ClassLink Support if you need assistance with syncing your SIS rostering data to ClassLink or have questions about required fields.
- Once the steps above are complete, email email@example.com to request a review of the data before the first nightly sync is enabled.
Important Sync Information:
ClassLink announced the availability of DataGuard for customers beginning April 2023. You can get more information about DataGuard here:
When DataGuard is turned on, school districts have the option to mask the following roster server values:
GradeCam does not support data masking. First Name, Last Name, and Class Name are required fields for syncing roster data into Gradient. If you are utilizing DataGuard, it's common for all teachers to sync into Gradient missing a school affiliation. You'll want to ensure that the following is setup in ClassLink:
In Roster Server, navigate to GradeCam and click the More Actions button (Cog Wheel)
Select DataGuard on the left pane, then select the Users tab. Change the organizations from Default to Replace with Enrollment Orgs.The above steps will ensure that Teachers sync with their affiliated school(s) into Gradient.
Gradient Setup Steps
- The ClassLink Lead should be part of your Gradient Leadership team with System Admin or Roster Lead access to Gradient as designated by the contacts survey.
- Once the Gradient Support Team confirms that the data looks ready to import from the steps followed above, a Gradient Leader will need to log in to Admin Mode to verify that the Academic Year has been started for the current school year.
- NOTE: The action of starting the new academic year will also unpause roster syncing and allow your ClassLink sync to start flowing into Gradient.
- Prior to launching Gradient with staff, a Gradient Leader should use Admin Mode to verify that Term dates, staff emails and IDs, and roster information all match what is being sent from ClassLink. Selecting a staff member, a class, or a student from Admin Mode will allow for spot-checking class schedules in the current term.
Single Sign-On (SSO) through ClassLink is available to enable at any time whether your district chooses to roster with ClassLink or not. To set up SSO for staff or students, follow ClassLink's directions here.