Staff being imported or roster synced into Gradient will already be connected to the classes and students as designated from the roster source. However, other staff may need Gradient accounts created (principals, coaches, or counselors), leaders may need expanded permissions, or retiring staff my need to be removed. This article reviews how to edit staff access and their associated schools within Gradient.
- Staff who were added to Gradient from a synced roster source can have additional school associations added, but can not be edited. All changes to staff information will need to be completed at the roster source (Clever, ClassLink, or the SIS).
Edit Staff & Associated Schools
- Enter Admin Mode, and select the Staff tab.
- Edit the Staff member by clicking the checkbox before the name.
- From the toolbar, select the Edit icon.
- Update fields and Manage Associated Schools, select Done, and Save.
Editing an existing email address of a staff member that has already accepted their invite can have unintended consequences. If the email address needs to be changed, please contact Gradient Support.
- To deactivate staff, click the checkbox before the name(s) of the staff member(s) you'd like to make inactive.
- From the toolbar, select the Deactivate icon.
- Read the pop-up message and choose Deactivate.
Q: Why can't I find a staff member from the Staff tab?
A: By default, the Staff tab is filtered to show only Teachers assigned to classes. Switch the Role filter on the left panel to All Active Staff. If you are still unable to locate the staff member, some staff members may be inactive. Use the same Role filter to view Inactive staff.
Q: Can a teacher also have expanded access to Gradient?
A: Yes. Any System Admin can assign staff to an Access Group with expanded permissions. Learn more about granting permissions to staff here: Access Groups
Q: If I edit staff information manually and then do a combined import, will the edited information stay?
A: Any imported file must include changes you've made manually to staff. The import file will replace what has been manually edited.
Q: Does a teacher need both an ID and email?
A: Yes. The ID allows for file updates to staff when or if name changes or email domain changes occur.