IN THIS ARTICLE
As of July 2023, Class Groups now have a new, convenient location in Teacher Mode on the Classes page. Class Groups allow users with the new Student Visibility Permission a way to easily organize classes for the purpose of printing forms and scanning students' responses.
NOTE: Adding a class to a Class Group doesn't automatically grant access to assignments. If you are not the owner of an assignment and need access to an assignment, the assignment will still need to be shared to the staff member.
Class Groups are a two-part process:
1. Create the Class Group with specified classes (See instructions below).
2. Share assignments to the teachers in the Class Group who need access to view the student data. Grant access according to the sharing permission specified (View, Administer, Edit/Share) (See Assignment Sharing & Groups article).
Create a Class Group
To create a Class Group, follow these quick steps:
1. From the Teacher Mode home page, select the Classes icon from the black sidebar on the left or select the View Classes tile.
2. Select Class Groups from the options on the left, and click the blue New button to create a new Class Group.
3. Type in the Group Name, Description (optional), and select the desired Classes (optional). Click Save once you have finished your selections.
Edit a Class Group
The Class Group name and optional description may be edited at any time.
1. Click the checkbox to the left of the Class Group name and select Edit from the toolbar on the right.
2. Make the desired changes to the Class Group name or description, and click Save.
Manage a Class Group
Once a Class Group has been created, classes may be added or removed from the group.
Note: If assignments have been shared using the Class Group prior to adding or removing classes in the group, the sharing permissions given for the assignment will automatically be associated to the added classes. The owner of the assignment may access the data in Reports. Staff with access to School Reporting Mode can view data for the assignment.
1. Click on the name of the Class Group and click the blue Add button to add classes.
2. Use the Classes search bar to scroll and select desired classes, or type in a keyword to locate the desired classes. Click the checkboxes next to the desired classes. Once class selections have been made, click Save.
1. To remove classes from the Class Group, click on the Class Group name.
2. Click the checkboxes to the left of the classes you wish to remove, and click the Remove icon from the toolbar on the right.
3. Confirm that you wish to remove the checked classes.
Delete a Class Group
Deleting a Class Group will remove all sharing permissions for the classes that were associated with the Class Group. The owner of the assignment may continue to access student data from Reports. Staff with access to School Reporting Mode may continue to view all student data for the classes and assignments.
1. Click the checkbox to the left of the Class Group name and select Delete from the toolbar on the right.
2. Confirm that you wish to delete the selected Class Group.
NOTE: A Class Group cannot be undeleted. The Class Group would need to be re-created and assignments re-shared if the group is accidentally deleted.
Once a Class Group has been created, the next step is to share assignments to the Class Group. Take a look at this article for additional details: Assignment Sharing & Groups