IN THIS ARTICLE
Gradient Leaders who are members of any of the 3 default Access Groups have access to manage Custom Standards. In the case where a district has multiple schools, imported custom standards imported from one school will be available to all schools. We recommend applying a naming convention, such as the school acronym, to the custom standard import to help identify the source of the custom standards.
TIP: Gradient Leaders may upload custom standards that are not included in Gradient. Prior to importing custom standards use Teacher Mode to verify the standards banks already provided as part of a paid subscription and try keyword searching a sample requested standard to verify it’s not already available.
Import Custom Standards
Navigate to your initials in the top right corner to select the Account Menu, choose Admin Mode:
- Select the More tab and then Custom Standards.
- Select the Import button from the toolbar.
- Use the linked Download Example to create your Custom Standards import file.
- Standard Code must be unique from any other standard, including Gradient provided standards.
- In the import window, select the file to be imported with the custom standards.
- Click RUN IMPORT.
- Return to Teacher Mode to verify that your import standards appear under the standard's bank called Custom Standards.
Manually Add Custom Standards
- From the Custom Standards tab, select New.
- Complete the fields for the standard - the fields will define search criteria.
- Select the SAVE button to create the new custom standard.
Standard Code must be unique from any other standard, including Gradient provided standards. If the standard covers multiple grade levels use the Grade Low and Grade High fields to set the grade level range.
Manage Custom Standards
Edit a Custom Standard
- Select a standard by checking the box before the Standard Code.
- Select Edit from the toolbar.
- Update the information within the edit window.
- Click SAVE
Editing a custom standard will not update the existing aligned standard to questions in an assignment.
Delete a Custom Standard
- Select a standard (or multiple standards) by checking the box(es) before the Standard Code(s).
- Select the Delete button from the toolbar.
- Confirm the deletion.
- Deleting a custom standard removes the aligned standard from any questions in an assignment.
NOTE: Deleting a custom standard cannot be undeleted.