IN THIS ARTICLE
- Examples of custom fields: Gender, Race, ELL, Ethnicity, Free/Reduced, etc. These fields will be populated when the rosters are imported or by a Clever / ClassLink roster sync.
Create a Custom Field
- Within Admin Mode, select the More tab and then select Custom Fields from the list menu.
2. Select New.
3. Enter a Name for the custom field, and click Save.
Edit a Custom Field
1. Select the checkbox to the left of the custom field you wish to edit.
2. Choose Edit from the toolbar.
3. Make changes to the custom field name, and click Save.
NOTE: Any demographic fields coming from a Clever or ClassLink sync cannot be edited within Gradient.
Delete a Custom Field
Once a custom field is deleted, the association with any student will be removed.
- Select the custom field by checking the box in front of the specific custom field to be deleted. Choose Delete from the toolbar.
NOTE: A deleted custom field cannot be undeleted.
Review this support article on how to Create an Import File to add custom fields to student records in Gradient.