IN THIS ARTICLE
1. Overview of Multi-Question Assignment
2. Create New Multi-Question Assignment
4. Advanced Assignment Options
5. Deliver Multi-Question Assignment
Multiple-question assignments are most often used for creating common formative and summative assessments, exit tickets, and traditional assignments. This assignment type can be delivered to students on paper using scan forms or online through the Student Portal (including Canvas & Schoology).
Overview of Multi-Question Assignment
Available Question Types for Use
Multiple question assignments utilize different question types to create a custom key to match class materials. Each question type has different options and customizations, such as alternate answers, partial or extra credit, and question labels. For more information on each question type, see the corresponding article below:
Auto Graded Items will be automatically graded and scored based on the provided answer.
Teacher Graded Items will be manually graded by the teacher. These questions can be used to score performance-based tasks, extended response answers, or adding scores from other sources.
- Rubric/Points (to capture score only, writing / task done elsewhere)
- Open Response Capture (math type available)
Create New Multi-Question Assignment
When creating a new assignment, you will set the number of questions needed and then customize the KEY to match existing content. While creating the KEY, edit each question type, set the point value(s), add standards (if applicable), and provide the answer(s).
1. From the Gradient homepage, select Create Assignment.
2. Select Multiple-Question Assignment.
3. Complete the fields for the assignment, then select Save.
4. After selecting Save the assignment Key will open.
Customize Assignment Key
1. Click on the question # you want to edit or select the checkbox before the question and Edit from the toolbar.
2. In the question editor window, select the Response Type to use.
3. Select or enter the correct answer and/or scoring adjustments. Learn more about the available question types.
4. Select Save and click Next to navigate to the next question.
5. Check out more ideas to customize your answer key.
Advanced Assignment Options
Check out these advanced options for further customizing multiple-question assignments and doing more to collect responses.
Deliver Multi-Question Assignment
Multiple question assignments can be delivered either on paper using scan forms or online through the Student Portal, accommodating diverse teaching and learning preferences.
Article is closed for comments.