IN THIS ARTICLE
Fill in the Blank questions allow students to handwrite their answer on a paper form or type it online. Responses are auto-graded based on the answer choices provided on the key.
NOTE: English words and phrases are supported. You can use up to 30 letters, numbers, periods, and hyphens.
Create Fill in the Blank Questions
Start with a Multiple-Question Assignment and then edit questions to use the Fill in the Blank question type on your answer key.
1. From the Keys tab, select the question to open the question editor window (or check the box next to the question and select Edit via the toolbar).
2. Adjust the question type to Fill In the Blank.
3. Use the Question header for any specific instructions on form or online question area if needed.
NOTE: There is a 500 character limit on question headers.
4. Leave the answer area blank or adjust to use boxes, to help students with lining up their response.
5. Enter the answer. If more than one version of the answer is acceptable, select Add Another Answer and use Partial Credit to adjust point values.
6. After completing any additional customization Save and Close.
Use Next and Previous to navigate to other question to edit as needed.
Additional Question Options
Review Student Responses
Fill in the Blank questions are auto-graded, but can be reviewed by the teacher. Review both scanned form responses and online responses in the Responses tab.
1. Review collect responses By Question to quickly go over auto-graded responses.
2. Provide specific Feedback on a student's response to provide additional clarification.
Article is closed for comments.