From the Responses tab within an Assignment, a teacher may score Rubric and Open Response Capture questions by typing points or by marking rubric bubbles.
By Question Scoring
This method works well for Open Response Capture or Rubric questions where viewing the whole class at once is helpful for consistent grading practices.
1. From the Responses tab in an assignment, select the By Question icon.
2. Select a question with Point or Rubric options.
3. Score all scanned or online responses for a single question.
- Use the top left corner of the scoring window to drag or expand your viewing area.
- Depending on your answer key setup and the question types used, enter points or bubble rubric scores for each response.
4. Select SAVE AND BACK as you go before moving on. Use the PREVIOUS or NEXT buttons to locate questions to score on the assignment.
By Student Scoring
This method works well when a teacher has a complete student test in front of them to manually score or review all at once. It's also helpful if the test questions have dependencies where an auto-scored question is followed with an option to explain or justify a response.
Score Responses By Student
1. To score responses By Student, simply click on a student name from the Responses tab to open the edit window.
2. The edit window lists the student's responses for each of the questions in the assignment.
- A red X next to a question indicates an incorrect answer.
- The blue comment bubbles on the right allow for Teacher Feedback to be added.
- NOTE: Teacher Feedback is only visible for students to review in the Student Portal.
- The More button with the 3 dots [...] in the upper right of the edit window provides additional actions, such as Mark all correct, Clear, and Delete.
- Use the PREVIOUS or NEXT buttons to view each student in the list. Click SAVE AND CLOSE when finished.
Review Highlighted Questions
Students who have responses that need Review will be highlighted in blue.
1. Click on the student's name to review and score their responses.
Manually Override Points
A NEW feature as of August 2023, Teachers now have the ability to manually change the points a student is awarded without changing the answer. The ability for teachers to override the points a student receives only applies to the following question types:
Fill in the Blank
1. Click on the student name from the Responses tab in the assignment to open the edit window.
2. Click into the box on the right to edit the points awarded to the student for a specific question.
3. Click SAVE AND CLOSE once edits are complete. Scores will automatically be recalculated.