IN THIS ARTICLE
The Grade Transfer feature works for any teacher with classes in the current Academic Year and allows assignment grades to be quickly pasted into any online gradebook. To learn more watch the video or read on.
Configure Grade Transfer
Customize settings for how students are organized within each class (last name sort, first name sort, student ID sort) to match your online gradebook and how the transfer feature works using the Grade Transfer Settings article.
If you've never used Grade Transfer or Camera scanned before, you will also need to install a web browser extension called GradeCam Helper.
Grade Transfer relies on matching the Gradient list of students for a class to the order and list of students in your online gradebook. Verifying that students are in the correct order and that scores are in the valid format within Gradient to match your online gradebook, is essential.
1. To begin, open an assignment with graded responses.
2. From the toolbar, select Transfer. Within another browser window, open your gradebook to the class or course you would like to transfer grades to.
3. Select the Class that has grades to transfer for this assignment.
4. Select the format to export scores.
- Exact Points Awarded - Displays the actual number of points earned out of the total points possible.
- Percent Points Awarded - Converts the points earned into a percentage which is typically out of 100 max points but can be adjusted if desired.
- Performance Band Abbreviation - Enters the abbreviation from the Performance Band (i.e. 4 for Mastery, 3 for Progressing, etc.)
5. Select one of the three options for transferring scores and follow the step-by-step directions for that method.
6. Select Done to close the transfer window.
Grade Transfer Using Standards
1. In the Transfer the... section, choose the preferred score format.
- Many teachers choose performance band abbreviation to use a rubric-based performance band to match their grading scale.
2. Then choose a specific standard to transfer scores from the dropdown menu for...
3. Select one of the three options for transferring grades and follow the step-by-step directions provided for that method to complete the grade transfer.
The grade transfer will be based on the score achieved for that specific standard for each student.
- Example: A student correctly answered 3/5 on a specific standard. The grade transferred will be a 3 when exact points awarded is chosen or a 60 for percent points awarded. The option selected in the Transfer the... section will adjust how the scores are transferred for the standard.
Grade Transfer Using Performance Bands
1. In the Transfer the... section, choose performance band abbreviation.
2. Select one of the three options for transferring grades and follow the step-by-step directions provided for that method to complete the Grade Transfer.
- The Grade Transfer will be based on the performance band selected in the assignment setup.
See the Performance Bands article for more information.
NOTE: This option is only available for Teacher Premium or Gradient for Schools subscribers. See plan differences here.