Import teacher data for an Insight School/District account.
Create a CSV File for Import
1. Export data from an existing system or create a .csv file using a spreadsheet program. Use the following field headers:
- Teacher First Name - List teacher's first name
- Teacher Last Name - List teacher's last name
- Teacher Email - List teacher's email address
- Teacher ID - A name or number the district or school uses to identify a teacher (optional)
4. Click on the "Choose File" button.
Note: Only three pieces of information are needed in the CSV file for a teacher import.
7. Choose the Delimiter Method (1) and the Header Row (2) from the drop-down menus and then click on the "Next" (3) button.
Delimiter Method - How are the pieces of information separated (i.e. commas or tab)? (This example uses commas)
Header Row - Which row contains the name of the information in each column? (This example is Row 1)
8. Select the column in the imported file that identifies each of the fields listed and then click on the "Next" button.