Import site data for a GradeCam Go! School/District account.
Note: This option is not available on free or paid single-teacher accounts. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to upgrade to a school or district license.
1. Import Process Overview
There are three steps to this process:
- Create a .csv file for import
- Import the file into GradeCam Go!
- Send an invitation to the teachers.
2. STEP 1: Create CSV File
2.1. You will need to export data from an existing system or create a .csv file using a spreadsheet program.
Note: File image shows an elementary school with no demographic information.
Note: File image shows an elementary school with demographic information.
Note: File image shows a high school with no demographic information.
Note: File image shows a high school with demographic information.
Sample Field Headers
- Term - Import multiple terms or create terms manually from the Admin menu
- School - Import multiple schools using each school's Unique ID (found in the Schools section of the Admin menu). Select a single school for the entire import from a drop-down menu.
- Teacher First Name - List teacher's first name
- Teacher Last Name - List teacher's last name
- Teacher Email - List teacher's email address
- Class Name - Name of class taught by teacher
- Class ID - A name or number the district or school uses to identify a class (Note: Class Name and Class ID can be the same)
- Class Period - To allow the teacher to find his or her roster quickly (optional)
- Student First Name - List student's first name (Note: Create one line for each class a student is in)
- Student Last Name - List student's first name (Note: Create one line for each class a student is in)
- Student ID - Unique ID for each student (Note: This ID should match the one used in your school's information system)
- GradeCam ID - Use if the Student ID is not used (optional)
- Gender - Student's gender (optional)
- Disability - Description of student's disability (optional)
- Ethnicity - Student's classification (optional)
- FARMS - Eligibility for free or reduced lunch (optional)
- Intervention - Indicate if student is receiving services (optional)
Note: If adding demographic fields to the Combined Import, such as Gender, Disability, etc, an GradeCam Admin for the GradeCam account must first set/add the Custom Fields before starting the Combined Import process. Link to Set Custom Fields in GradeCam Go!.