Create an assignment that students can complete independently through the online Student Portal using any device at home or school.
Note: Student Portal is not available on free or paid single-teacher accounts. Please contact email@example.com to upgrade to a school or district license.
1. Select the "Assignments" tab.
2. Select the assignment you want to use with the Student Portal.
Note: See the related article on how to create an assignment in GradeCam Go!
4. Select the "Pick Classes" tab.
4.3. For each class select the date and time the assignment will be available in the Student Portal.
4.6. Repeat for these steps for each class you want to have access to the assignment in Student Portal.
5. Select the "While Available" tab to choose options you want students to have while the assignment is available in the Student Portal.
5.1. SCORE: Toggle the slide to blue if you want students to see their score or leave it on gray if you do not want students to see how many points they received for the assignment.
5.2. RESPONSES: Select what students will see after completing the assignment. For each selection a description will appear for you to know more information about that option.
Displaying Responses Options
- Hide Responses: After turning in the assignment, students won't be able to open the assignment to review their responses or attachments.
- Show Responses: After turning in the assignment, students can review their responses to each question, but won't know which questions were answered correctly.
- Show Responses and Incorrect Answers: After turning in the assignment, students can review their responses to each question and will see if the response was correct or incorrect.
- Show Responses and All Correct Answers: After turning in the assignment, students can review their responses to each question, and the correct answer for each question is also shown.
5.3. DOCUMENTS: Select the level of access you want students to have to documents associated with the assignments.
- Hide Documents: PDF attachments will be unavailable.
- Show Documents: PDF attachments will be viewable inside the app.
- Show Documents and Allow Download: PDF attachments will be viewable inside the app, and there will also be a "Download" button for students to save PDFs to their device.
6. Select the "After Expiration" tab to select the options you want students to have after the testing window closes.
6.1. Select the Score, Responses and Documents settings for what will happen after the testing window closes.
Note: If you teach multiple classes, you may want to select "Hide Documents" following each class period's assignment. This will prevent students from earlier class periods sharing the documents with the later class periods. Also, if any of the items require you to score them with a rubric, you might want to consider not showing the graded score since you will need time after the assignment is complete to finish scoring those items.