Create an observation based assignment to write in the students' scores on the forms for instant handwritten recognition while scoring.
Note: Handwriting Recognition is an add-on feature available for an additional fee with a school or district license. Please contact email@example.com to add the feature.
1. What is an observation based form?
Often times an educator needs to capture data about an assignment or diagnostic test without students actually filling in the scan form. The example used below is a primary grade teacher administering a three-part reading inventory to capture the student's book level, comprehension score and word recognition score.
2. Select the "Assignments" tab.
4. Type a "Name" for the assignment, enter the number of items in the "Items" section and choose a "Date."
6. Select the box before the item (1) and select the "Edit" button (2) to open the item editor.
8. Set the Max number of points for the item (up to 999).
10. Select the "Next" link to edit the remaining items.
11. When complete select Save (1) and close the item editor by selecting the black X (2).
13. Select the "Class" for which you want to print forms.
15. Download the form as a PDF file or PNG image to print.
Note: For best results print on white paper.