Number Grid items have students answer a question by filling in the numbers and symbols on a grid. All users can create basic grids where the columns are identical. School and district users can also use the advanced option to customize the columns.
Customn Columns: Custom column configurations enable you to easily create custom griddable layouts to match what a student might see on state or other standardized tests. For example, if the standardized test includes 3 columns of numbers, followed by a decimal and 2 more columns of numbers, you can configure your GradeCam form to match.
Note: This option is not available on free accounts. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to upgrade to a paid license.
Texas Users: If your standards are set to Texas state standards there are additional options that align to the STAAR Test covered in another article.
1. Select the "Assignments" tab.
2. Select the assignment name you want to change the format of the answer bubbles.
3. Check the box before each question you want to change the format of the answer bubbles.
5. Select "Number Grid" from the Type field.
6. Select "Advanced" from the Column Configuration field.
8. In each column type the desired characters which are listed in the tip at the top.
9. Columns can be moved or removed using the directional arrows and minus icon next to each column configuration.
10. Check the "Column Preview" image to make sure everything is formatted correctly.
12. Type in the answer. A warning message will appear if the answer entered is not supported by the current column configuration.
13. Either change the answer or use the "Edit" link to make changes to the columns if needed.
14. If a range of answers is acceptable, type the "% Tolerance" and review the range of acceptable answers.
Note: If no tolerance is needed there must be a 0 in the field.
15. Weight the value of the item by editing the "Points."
16. Align the question to standards if desired.
See related article on Adding Standards to an Assignment in GradeCam Go!