- Administrators have more control over which permissions they wish to provide staff.
- Staff who have been assigned roles previously have been migrated to one of the following Access Groups; they will see no change in their functionality and access.
Role Administrators → System Administrator Default Access Group
Roster Administrators → Roster Administrator Pre-Made Custom Access Group
School Reporting Role → School Reporting Pre-Made Custom Access Group
Helpdesk Role → Helpdesk Pre-Made Custom Access Group
- Note: Subscriptions created after July 22nd will not have the Role Admin, Roster Admin, School Reporting Mode or Helpdesk roles Custom Access Groups created.
- Administrators can easily view staff member's Access Group membership and permissions on the "Staff" tab within Access Groups
Read more about Access Groups here.
Updates to Rostering
- Previously, administrators gave staff permissions to edit students and classes within Admin mode >> Settings
- Moving forward, this permission can be granted within Access Groups by creating a Custom Access Group (or to a previously created Custom Access Group) and adding the permission within the "School Roster Management" section
- We'd recommend creating an Access Group called Manage Class Rostering (possible description - Membership in this group allows staff to move students between classes after both the student and class have been created for the school subscription within Admin Mode). The School Roster Management permission needed to add to this access group is - "Add or remove district students from their district classes"
District & Individual Subscriptions
Users with both a personal and district subscription will now toggle between accounts using the account menu. This change provides better clarity as to what users are creating in their own account versus a district subscription.
Some users will not have the ability to toggle between accounts in the drop-down menu - users who had a previous account but no student data and new users who did not use a school email for a personal account in the past will not see this option in their dropdown. Moving forward, unique email addresses will need to be used if creating a new subscription. (If a user has previously created an account and is then invited to the district account, the subscriptions will automatically be linked (data and assignments will not be merged though) and they will see the individual subscription option in the account menu dropdown.)
Classes, students and/or assignments created within the individual account after July 22, 2022 will not be available in the district account (shared assignments also will not appear in an individual account).
Anonymous Scanning (moved to Gradient for Schools & Districts plan)
The feature that allows for printing anonymous forms for scanning has been moved to the Gradient for Schools & Districts plan. Teacher Premium subscribers are already able to manage their rosters and can accomplish anonymous scanning by: